Saturday, April 28, 2018

Day 9 - Puerto Rico

The volunteers, Puerto Rico, mi vida, my life
-----------
ay, mi vida, how much I miss you

without you my loneliness has no dreams
the darkness is without light

But this morning, the earth celebrated. Humanity is fighting back and walking proud.

The sun embraced me with warmth. Fire-plumed birds soared freely into the heavens as I held hands with the trade winds who kissed me with your scent
dangling from my lips
rushing to my head
like high wine

The waves applauded
and I was lost and found

because loving you loving me, corazón
gives me strength, gives me courage

to dance all over the world -- touching millions with our good fortune and anyone and everyone would be our friend and if they were being stepped on we would call on ALL HANDS to help them -- no borders would block us -- hurricanes, corruption and paper towels will not get in our way -- women would be uplifted in every language -- young people would be free and the old would be respected -- we would learn everybody's way and teach every thought -- every laughter and every pain would be ours - new seeds, new harvest, new life

no matter what it takes.

we started in yabucoa, puerto rico
and found your spirit
soft.
powerful.
in its passion, its color...

ay amor, dreaming about you
is like a pirate ship
embarking on a grand adventure

oh, how much I miss you, mi vida

the dreams of my loneliness
the light of my darkness.

- Julio (a fellow volunteer)

No comments:

Post a Comment